Property Maintenance

  • Premises ID – Structures must be properly addressed, by USPS standards, for easy recognition by fire and police officials.

  • Inoperable vehicles – Considered one of the top code compliance complaints in most neighborhoods. Inoperable vehicles (including trailers, boats, RVs, and any other vehicle that requires a state license) may not be kept in public view in any residential zoned district. Inoperable means “any vehicle that is in an abandoned, wrecked, dismantled condition (including deflated tires, no wheels, broken windshield or windows, or lacking other necessary parts for the normal operation of the vehicle, or without a current tag).”

  • Vehicle parking – Vehicles must be parked on a driveway or a paved parking area (this includes trailers, boats, RVs, and any vehicle that requires a state license). It is a violation to park a vehicle in a front or side yard.

  • Junk and debris – It is a violation to have illegal dumped debris, accumulated trash and junk, abandoned or inoperable vehicles on private properties, etc.

  • Improper outdoor storage – Any item that is not customarily used or stored outside (or is not made of durable, weather-resistant material) cannot be placed outdoors on your property. This applies to the front, rear, and side yards, as well as an open porch or carport. Exceptions include vehicles parked on an approved surface, lawn furniture, and landscaping items.

  • Litter, weeds, and grass – Weeds or grass more than 10 inches high is a violation of the City Code. Homeowners or tenants are responsible for keeping their lawns mowed, clipped, mulched or cleared and the property free of litter (garbage, paper, cardboard, wood, glass, bedding, auto parts, appliances, tree limbs, etc.). The property must be maintained from the center of the street (or alley, if applicable) to the back property line. This includes grass and debris behind the fence.

  • Illegal signs – Residents may not post, attach, nail, or staple an signs (n otices, posters, or other paper devices) on any utility pole, street sign, lamp post, shade tree, public structure or building, or on the city's right-of-way or median. This includes garage sale signs and lost animal signs.

  • Pools, spas, and hot tubs – Swimming pools, spas, and hot tubs must be maintained in a clean, sanitary condition year-round, whether in use or not. All pools, spas, and hot tubs over 24 inches deep must be surrounded by an approved enclosure.

  • Work without permits – Many property improvements (including accessory structures, decks, and pools) require permits to ensure projects are built to meet safety standards and ensure quality development. Permits acquired after construction begins are subject to a fine. Before beginning any home improvement project (other than routine maintenance), please call Community Development for permitting requirements.

Add to Report View Report

As you navigate our website, you can use the “Add Page to Report” button to add any page or property to a custom report that you can print out or save.